Alternate Payment Information

Western Union

The UCSC Financial Service Center accepts payment via Western Union Quickpay

  • Parents/students can call 1-800-634-3422 or go to any Western Union location and request a "quick pay form".
  • Please provide the Student ID Number and the "Company Name" as UC Santa Cruz and the "Locale/City Code" as UCSANTACRUZ CA.
  • The funds will be electronically deposited to UCSC's bank account by Western Union. Western Union will then forward notification of the payment to UCSC.
  • Payment is posted to the student's account as soon as notification is received.


Moneygram payments are another option for students or parents. Moneygram locations can often be found in locations like Safeway or CVS. Check the website for further details. Please include the following information:

  • If paying online, please be sure to click the 'Pay Bills' tab
  • Business Name: University of California, Santa Cruz
  • 4-digit Receive Code: 3862
  • Biller Account Number: Your Student ID Number 

529 College Savings Plan

Payments from 529 Savings Plan accounts can be made online via the UCSC eBill/ePay site. The detailed information for making a payment online is here. Making an online 529 payment ensures that the payment will post to the correct student account quickly. If your plan is not included for online payments, please use the following instructions to have a check mailed to UCSC.


You can still have a check mailed to UCSC instead of making an online payment.  Please review the information below if you want to have a check mailed to UCSC from a 529 Savings Plan Account.

Note: Requirements may vary based on the provider. Please check with your specific provider for exact payment details. 

  • Payments can also be made with a 529 College Savings Plan via mail. 
  • Checks should be made payable to "UC Regents"
  • Please include the Student ID and Name on the memo line of the check to ensure proper posting. 
  • Payments should be mailed to:
    Financial Service Center
    1156 HIGH STREET
    SANTA CRUZ, CA 95064-1077 
  • Payments are posted as they are received. Please allow sufficient time for checks to be mailed and posted to the student account. 

Third Party Billing

We accept payments through Third Party Billing agreements. Please contact for more information on Third Party Billing.