FAQ - General Questions

Q: What are your office hours and contact information? 

A: Our office is located in the Hahn Student Services Building room 102, and is open from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.

Our phone number is 831-459-2107, and our phones are answered from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.

Our fax number is 831-459-3918.

We can be reached by email at sbs@ucsc.edu


Q: I am the parent of a UCSC student. How can I get information about my student's account? 

A: Student Business Services strictly follows FERPA (Family Education Rights to Privacy Act) privacy guidelines. Financial activity posted to a student account is considered confidential and therefore shared with the student only. Student Business Services is able to provide general, nonspecific information to a third party (e.g. parent).



Q: I am having trouble paying my bills. I was wondering if there was any kind of payment plan that I can set-up?

A: Student Business Services offers the Tuition Deferred Payment Plan (TDPP) for monthly payment of each quarter's registration fees. TDPP Application form.

Campus housing also offers a seperate housing payment plan. For more information, please contact Campus Housing at housing@ucsc.edu or call 831-459-2394.



Q: I am concerned that my records are not being kept private. How do I ensure that no one can get any personal information about me from anyone at the University?

A: Using MyUCSC you can set a Non Release of Information (NRI) on your account. This service indicator will prohibit release of your information. Even if you call or e-mail Student Business Services, the NRI prohibits us from assisting you. You must come to our office with your picture ID in order to have your questions answered. We encourage you to use the NRI with caution.



Back to the top